Effective Solutions for Hospital-Based Laboratory Growth
Tuesday, May 19, 2015
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. EDT
Event registration is now closed
New demands driven by healthcare reform have confronted every hospital-based laboratory outreach program in the United States. Chi Solutions, Inc. conducted a research study in early 2015 to learn how successful outreach programs are addressing the challenges and achieving success. Chi’s senior consultants consulted with a number of vendors and consultants to identify programs that were deemed successful. After a comprehensive review, 20 outreach programs representing seven of nine American Hospital Association regions were selected for study. After one-hour interviews with key executives, valuable insight was identified to help other programs thrive in today’s competitive market.
During this session, we will share key attributes from the research study and trends for large laboratory outreach businesses including:
- Strategies employed to generate growth in 2014 and the gains in growth.
- Sources of revenue between non-affiliated physicians and facilities versus owned and/or closely affiliated sources.
- Percentage of health system-employed medical staff physicians.
- Utilization of patient service centers and in-office phlebotomists.
- Roles and management of field representatives.
- Impact of price transparency.
- Effective revenue cycle processes.
- Operational structure, costs, information systems and connectivity, expanded service offerings, competitive advantages, and more!