Recently, I started thinking about the phrase “trusted advisor,” which is something that we aspire to be at Chi. What exactly is that? How do I fill that role for others, and who are mine? I started a list of the people who serve as my trusted advisors:
- Suzy, the hairdresser who has been cutting my hair for almost 15 years.
- Claudia, the accountant who has been doing our taxes for years.
- Greg, the family lawyer who handles all of our legal affairs.
- Deb and Mark, our financial advisors who help us plan for the future.
- Pam, the realtor we have used for our last two moves.
What do these people have in common? They know me and my family, they bring an expertise to our lives that we don’t have, and they make things easier for us. Continue reading